I spent Christmas and New Year’s Eve with Mr Nicolaus: more than a week for the two of us. Perfect! Well almost: we spent the time either at his or my parents’ house, so we had to take part in social events like having dinner together or sitting and talking. But that was okay. In return we were stuffed with the most delicious dishes and Christmas cookies!
On the 24th we went to Mr Nicolaus’ grandpa and had sausages, sauerkraut, potato dumplings and ginger bread sauce – sounds strange? Indeed! But it really is very delicious. It is a traditional dish from Silesia. Ans I am really looking forward to eating it again. $grandpa was really happy that I liked the food he had prepared. 😀
We celebrated at Mr Nicolaus parents home in the evening. It was really cool. We handed presents to one another and obvously nobody was given junk and everybody was happy. I gave Mr Nicolaus a medium sized cuddly elephant, which he named ‘Elli’. I was so happy, he liked my gift. I had spent a horrible Saturday out in town, looking for a gift for him. Five hours of pre-Christmas shopping are clearly to much for me! I got a special edition box of Agonoize latest album. Totally cool!
On 25th we decided to go to the Dark Storm Festival in Chemnitz.:
- The opener (Felsenreich or the like) was crap. Totally. Really. Five people or six people standing onstage as if they don’t belong there and most certainly don’t know each other. The female singerwas to low, the guitar and bass player were completely stationary, the male singer marched around in circles, but the drummer partied like it was the last time in his life. Very strange experience…
- Eisheilg were good, but this type of very slow metal-something-music is simply not my favourite. But I really liked their lyrics, as far as I could understand the front man. Very political lyrics. Very nice.
- Letzte Instanz rocked. Anything to mention? In one song, the violin player had pyros attached to the tip of the bow. That was totally awesome! I wish I could play like him.
- Eisregenbrecher were next. Basically the music is cool. But the singer is enerving, and the lead guitar player looks like a freaking grinning zombie… stil. And they should have played before Letzte Instanz, because I didn’t really feel like partying. LI were so much better!
- PITCHIIIIEEEESSSSSSSSS !!!!!! MOSHING! PARTY! AWWWWWWSUM!
- Most difficult decision of the evening: ASP or Agonoize? Well, we had ASP twice this year, so we went to see Agonoize. We stood at the back on a podest or something like that, so we could see everyting. And it was soooooo cool. Well, I wouldn’t want to stand in the first few rows, because the “singer” spattered the audience with fake blood and fake cum. But they were incredible! Really cool.
After that we drove the remaining 400km to visit my parents, where we stayed until Jan. 2nd. I don’t need to say that we were spoiled by my parents as much as by his.
On New Year’s Eve we started the evening with the 3sat concert day. 3sat airs concert videos the whole day – 1hour per artist. We watched Jacko, Tina Turner(goddess!!!) and Pink. Then we had raclette and Krapfen. And at midnight we watched the surrounding cities’ fireworks. We didn’t need any of our own.
I really enjoyed this time very much. After seeing Mr Nicolaus only on the weekends, it was really cool to spend such a long time with him!