I went to kendo training yesterday. Yay! Second session out of two!
We did very nice basics training. Ôi waza und chîsai waza. I really liked the practice for the chîsai waza, because mine are really messed up. I have to do a lot more training on that. I also had some very nice jigeiko at the end of the training session. Sadly we didn’t do any kirikaeshi 😦
- practice chîsai waza (hana ga mienai men)
- be fucking more relaxed (my shoulder actually are, now I am stiffening my upper arms and back *gnarf*)
- move the mono-utchi faster and have the shinai’s tip describing a large circle (like I was doing Iaido) (aim for the FAAAAAR furture: making a shinai do *swoosh*)
- Nihon kendo kata, sanponme: as shidachi I most often get the attack wrong
What I liked:
- I really had some good moments in jigeiko and used them pretty well (men utchi sounding *pock*: bright and clear *YAY*)#
- Nihon kendo kata, sanponme: getting uchidachi right 😀
- 2 visible ones on my lower right arm, one on the outside slightly above the kote and one on the inside
- one invisible bruise on my lower right arm, that hurts like fuck
So my main point for the weeks to come will be doing chîsai waza and ôi waza correctly.
PS: I have to repair my shinai over the weekend!